Wednesday, May 15, 2013

joy is the reward

In mission prep this morning, Professor Clark shared something that I feel will be a theme for me in serving the Lord's mission in West Virginia:

Joy is the Reward

Obedience is the price.
Faith is the power.
Love is the motive.
The Spirit is the key.
Christ is the reason.
We can return to our Father.
The Gospel is true, it's for me and for you.

Also, I don't know how many of you read this blog who have mission calls but I have been hearing a lot of people talking about how they are really struggling and battling with the devil. I am here to say that you are not alone in feeling that way. I too have been dragging my feet a little because of the trials that the devil has placed before me. You might assume that once you have decided that you are going on a mission that your weakness hide away. They DO NOT. You might assume that once your mission papers were in that the problems would just leave. They DO NOT. You might assume that once you have your mission call that the trials vanish. They DO NOT. 

Now I'm not writing this to scare you. I am doing it to encourage you to be ready when they trouble sticks around and gets worse. Remember that although it might feel terrible, there is a reason to the madness. 

You are doing the greatest thing the Lord has ever asked of us, that's why.

The devil hates that we are acting on the Lord's errand and he will try to stop us at any cost. I know I'm feeling it just like you. Everyday is a struggle but we can all get through it together. I have been studying my scriptures, praying, writing things that impress me down in journals, fasting and most recently I asked my dad to give me another father's blessing. 

I am in school right now while I wait to go on my mission and the devil has been using that as a weapon against me but ever since the blessing on Sunday, I have been filled with increased spiritual fortification. Be diligent in finding peace and comfort through Christ, He wants you to come unto Him. We aren't going to be able to find comfort and solace through our families while we are out, we NEED to learn to lean on our Heavenly Parents more fully in able to succeed on our missions and in the future. I know this to be true!

Ninety.Days.Left.

No comments:

Post a Comment