Thursday, April 11, 2013

dear sister wood: the call (finally!)

Well my call has finally arrived! I would just like to first, thank everyone that showed up to my opening, we had a great turn out and I loved having each and every one of you there. I am grateful to your support for me to go on a mission. It is truly inspiring and I love you all for that!

Now on to the long anticipated call, that couldn't come faster! Are you ready for this? I know I was not prepared to hear it but I could not be happier in my entire life! Nothing will beat the feeling I had when I read these words aloud:

Dear Sister Wood:

You are hereby called as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. You have been called to serve in the West Virginia Charleston Mission. It is expected that you will serve for a period of 18 months. You will enter the Provo Missionary Training Center on August 14, 2013. You will be speaking the English Language.

Seriously, a surprise, just like I asked for! I have to tell you, I am on cloud nine right now with the biggest grin on my face! As I read those words aloud to my family and friends that surrounded me, I felt such a peace and love in the room. I knew in that moment that all that worrying where I would be going, what I would speaking, or when I would be leaving was for nothing. The Lord knew exactly where I needed to go, what I needed to speak, and when I needed to leave. I am ready to go but I will be patient and wait my turn.

This church is TRUE and the Lord loves each and everyone of us. There is a plan for each of our lives and we are to be tested, tried, and rewarded for making it through, if we only have faith that we will. The Lord wants us to come unto Him and I am so grateful to be called to serve the people of West Virginia. Let the countdown to the MTC begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment