Sunday, April 7, 2013

where in the world?



I receive my mission call this Wednesday (if any of you are in UT, you are welcome to come to my house at 8 pm to see me open it)! I can't tell you how long and anxious the wait has been for this moment. It's finally here. Honestly I never knew how hard it would be to wait six months before I would receive my call. I am so happy it's finally arriving this week!

I have butterflies. I truly have no idea where I could be sent. Plus, the other day I was reading a fellow sister missionary's blog , where she talked about the morning that her call came, she had an "inkling" if you will, that California would be a nice place to serve. She then opened her call to see that she would be going to Carlsbad, California. She wasn't surprised, she just knew. I always like those stories, but I wanted mine to be different. I'm never really surprised of anything so I decided to ask my Heavenly Father if it would be alright if I could NOT have any "inklings," that I want to be completely and utterly surprised. So far, I haven't had any preference come popping into my head, so we will have to see on Wednesday! Three days to go before it will be in my hands and when I get it, it won't be leaving my hands until I open it, that I can guarantee! 

I love this church. I love my Heavenly Father and my brother Jesus Christ. I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God and that he restored the true and everlasting church of Jesus Christ back to the earth. I am so grateful for the priesthood that was restored with the church. I am so very grateful to the keys and covenants that we have on the earth to help us come back to our Heavenly Father. I know that we will be able to live with our families again after death and that we will be resurrected to live with our families and Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ once again. I am honored to serve a mission of the Lord Jesus Christ for a year and a half of my life. There is nothing better I would rather do than serve! I want people to feel the warmth and happiness I feel as I do the right things and live in the Light of Christ. I am so grateful to have the family and friends that I do. Each of you have made my life better than before and I can't thank you enough! I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen! 

**I posted a post onto my personal blog, that is slightly different, as well. You can check it out by clicking the tab at the top that says "Dreaming."

No comments:

Post a Comment